Climate of Puerto Montt, Chile Average Weather
- Puerto Montt, Chile is at 41°26'S, 73°5'W, 84 m (276 ft). See map.
- Puerto Montt has a warm mediterranean/ dry-summer subtropical climate that is mild with dry, warm summers and moderate seasonality. Regions with this subtype of the Mediterranean climate closely resemble an oceanic climate with generally cloudier and damper conditions than typical Mediterranean climates tho they are still susceptible to fire in the warm dry summer months. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Csb)
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Puerto Montt is situated in or near the cool temperate wet forest biome.
- The annual average temperature is 10.1 degrees Celsius (50.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 7.7 °C (13.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 11°C (51.8°F) on average falling to 5°C (41°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 15°C (59°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 7°C (44.6°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 19°C (66.2°F) and average low temperatures are 10.7°C (51.2°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 15.3°C (59.6°F) during the day and lows of 8.3°C (47°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1702.5 mm (67 inches) which is equivalent to 1702.5 Litres/m² (41.76 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Puerto Montt you would come out nearest to the climate station at Dalanzadgad, Mongolia where you would find a Mid-latitude desert climate (Boreal dry scrub biome).
The climate table uses colour to represent the data so you can get a good idea about the climate at a glance. The colour also helps when comparing two or more locations that you can switch between in separate tabs in your browser. There are links along the side and top to the various sections where we are adding additional details including in the new discussion section where you can read and add posts about the various aspects!
Climate of Puerto Montt, Chile Discussion
We are pleased to announce the release of the new discussion section. Here you will discover a wealth of knowledge about the various aspects of the local climate presented by our international community. We would like to invite you to help get discussion started by visiting those locations you are familiar with. Is there something noteworthy about the climate there that you can enlighten us about? Discussion is subdivided into specific topics such as the months of the year and aspects such as day length and temperature. When you have an idea of something fascinating to share please visit the specific page most fitting and add your post using the simple interface. No registration or third party network login is necessary.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Purulon-Escuela Agricol, Chile - 222.5 kms (138.3 miles) N
- San Jose De La Mariquin, Chile - 213.1 kms (132.4 miles) N
- Valdivia-Pichoy, Chile - 216.1 kms (134.3 miles) NNE
- Panguipulli, Chile - 206.4 kms (128.3 miles) NNE
- Lago Ranco, Chile - 147.1 kms (91.4 miles) NNE
- Rio Bueno, Chile - 123.7 kms (76.9 miles) N
- San Pablo, Chile - 113.1 kms (70.3 miles) N
- Osorno-Canal Bajo, Chile - 92.3 kms (57.4 miles) N
- Bariloche, Argentina - 164.4 kms (102.2 miles) E
- La Ensenada, Chile - 54.1 kms (33.6 miles) ENE
- Esquel, Argentina - 231.3 kms (143.7 miles) SE
- Futaleufu, Chile - 220.4 kms (137 miles) SSE