Puerto Montt Climate & Temperature
- Puerto Montt, Chile is at 41°26'S, 73°5'W, 84 m (276 ft). See map.
- Puerto Montt has a warm mediterranean/ dry-summer subtropical climate that is mild with dry, warm summers and moderate seasonality. Regions with this subtype of the Mediterranean climate closely resemble an oceanic climate with generally cloudier and damper conditions than typical Mediterranean climates tho they are still susceptible to fire in the warm dry summer months. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Csb)
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Puerto Montt is situated in or near the cool temperate wet forest biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 10.1 degrees Celsius (50.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 7.7 °C (13.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 11°C (51.8°F) on average falling to 5°C (41°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 15°C (59°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 7°C (44.6°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 19°C (66.2°F) and average low temperatures are 10.7°C (51.2°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 15.3°C (59.6°F) during the day and lows of 8.3°C (47°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1702.5 mm (67 inches) which is equivalent to 1702.5 Litres/m² (41.76 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Puerto Montt you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Dalanzadgad, Mongolia where you would find a Mid-latitude desert climate (Boreal dry scrub biome).
Puerto Montt Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Puerto Montt Climate Graph in Metric Units
Puerto Montt Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Puerto Montt, Chile Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Purulon-Escuela Agricol, Chile - 222.5 kms (138.3 miles) N
- San Jose De La Mariquin, Chile - 213.1 kms (132.4 miles) N
- Valdivia-Pichoy, Chile - 216.1 kms (134.3 miles) NNE
- Panguipulli, Chile - 206.4 kms (128.3 miles) NNE
- Lago Ranco, Chile - 147.1 kms (91.4 miles) NNE
- Rio Bueno, Chile - 123.7 kms (76.9 miles) N
- San Pablo, Chile - 113.1 kms (70.3 miles) N
- Osorno-Canal Bajo, Chile - 92.3 kms (57.4 miles) N
- Bariloche, Argentina - 164.4 kms (102.2 miles) E
- La Ensenada, Chile - 54.1 kms (33.6 miles) ENE
- Esquel, Argentina - 231.3 kms (143.7 miles) SE
- Futaleufu, Chile - 220.4 kms (137 miles) SSE